Today, we will learn how Amla can be used for hair regrowth in its different forms. Amla which is known as Indian Gooseberry in English term, does wonders to your hair and skin problems. In Sanskrit, it is known as Amlaki which means ‘the sustainer’ or ‘the fruit where the goddess of prosperity resides’. It is one of the quite common fruit which is used for medicinal purposes in Ayurveda. One can use it as a food and as a medicine as well. It comes with varied benefits to overall health and also cures and prevents many health problems.
Amla in Diet
Eating fresh Amla fruit is really good for overall health. It is rich in Vitamin C which is very important for our immune system. Never forget to include fresh Amla fruit in its season because, that’s the best way to enjoy the benefits.
Amla is full of anti-oxidants. It purifies the blood, takes care of the digestive system and helps in building your immune system. It nourishes and cleanses the internal organs and with many other benefits. It fights ageing and premature graying of hair, helps in hair loss problems. In severe cases, it may not help initially to stop the hair fall but, it will definitely helps in regrowth of new healthy hair.
One can include amla in diet, by having it as it is with rock salt, including it in salad; make delicious chutney by adding few spices, fresh amla juice, amla Chyawanprash, amla murabba, amla candies, amla Pickle, fresh amla juice etc.
Amla as Hair Pack
1. Dry Amla
Amla, Reetha and Shikakai mixture which is one of the traditional hair packs used by most Indians due to its benefit.
- Soak all three ingredients or just dry amla in water for 6-8 hours.
- Next day, boil the water and let it get cool down.
- Mash the dried fruits in the water and strain the liquid.
- Use it to wash your hair.
- It helps in strengthening your hair, makes them strong and shiny
- Regular use will help in preventing hair loss and healthy hair growth.
2. Fresh Amla fruit
- You can also use the amla pulp.
- Apply it on your hair for half an hour let your scalp soak up all the nutrients.
- And then, wash your hair as usual.
- It’s one of the easiest way to provide nutrients to your scalp and hair which will make them grow stronger and fight other problems.
3. Amla Juice
You can also use the amla juice in hair pack and make your favorite hair pack recipe by mixing the ingredients in it and apply.
4. Amla Conditioner or Rinse
Amla conditioner or hair rinse, can be prepared by using the fresh fruit pieces of dry amla fruit or powder.
- Boil it in 1 glass of water or enough amount of water as per your requirement.
- Let it boil for few minutes and then, let the liquid come to the room temperature
- Strain it and use it as a last rinse.
It will nourish your hair and provide them deep conditioning. It also helps in removing chemical build up on the scalp, takes care of the scalp infections, dandruff etc.
5. Amla Powder
You can use the amla powder as hair pack or hair mask by mixing it with fenugreek seeds, Bhringraj leaves, neem etc.
- Soak amla powder with neem or fenugreek seeds (you can choose according to your preference) overnight.
- Next day apply it, on your hair and wash after sometime.
- You can mix it with henna powder as well.
Amla as Dietary Supplement
One can consume Amla tablets after consulting with the Ayurveda practitioner. You can also consume Amla powder that works much better than the tablet form.
You can include Amla juice which is mostly available in medical stores but, make sure that it’s of good quality. You can also have Amla supari. This will take care of your internal health and prevent many health hazards.
Thus, helps in anti ageing, hair problems would be in control and many can be prevented with its daily consumption. It will not only take care of hair growth but, also of your complete health.
6. Amla Hair Oil
Amla oil is is known to make hair grow faster and get thicker. You can use the oil which has main ingredient as Amla. Or you can boil the fresh amla fruit pieces in coconut oil, almond oil, sesame oil etc and use it to massage your hair. During its season you can use the fresh fruit or its juice to mix it with the oil.
Other times you can use the amla powder and boil it in your favorite oil and use it massage your hair. It takes few months for any of these amla loaded remedies to show some visible effects. When you use this treatment consistently, it helps in stimulating the new hair follicles and also minimizes the excessive hair loss, which is seen even in young adults and teens.
How to make amla hair oil?
Other than the growth of hair, amla which is loaded with Vitamin C, is also known to reverse the hair graying or premature whitening of hair as seen even in the teenagers. You can also make your favorite oil by adding other oils, ingredients to the concoction and use it to enjoy its maximum benefits.
This homemade oil works really great in long run. It takes care of your scalp health, nourishes the scalp and hair roots and makes them stronger, prevents premature graying, hair loss, makes your shiny and strong. Nourishes the nerves thus helps in de-stressing yourself.
7. Amla Powder for Grey Hair
Amla powder is extremely beneficial for grey hair. Try it for growth and controlling graying
- Mix two spoons of Amla powder in half cup of coconut oil.
- Section your hair and apply the mixture.
- Keep it for 45 minutes and then rinse of using clear water.
- You can also boil the coconut oil with Amla powder.
- Boiling helps to get the extracts from the Amla powder effectively.
- Repeat it twice in a week for best results in getting good hair growth.
8. Amla and onion juice for thickness of Hair
This is one of the best remedies that you can try using Amla and onion juice. For this I will advise you to use Amla juice then Amla oil.
How to apply?
- You have to take a medium sized onion and grate it.
- Now, squeeze the grated onion pulp to extract juice from it.
- In that half cup of onion juice and two spoons of Amla juice.
- Mix everything thoroughly to prepare even mixture.
- Apply it on the hair roots and the entire scalp.
- Keep it overnight.
- Next morning, rinse your hair using regular water and hair growth shampoo.
This can be done at least two times in a week for getting good results in making hair thicker and inducing new hair growth.
9. Amla oil and fenugreek seeds
- Take half cup of Amla oil in a small sauce pan.
- Boil it and add one spoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Keep boiling the oil, until the seeds get darker in color.
- Strain it and apply the oil mixture on your scalp.
- Cover on the entire scalp and focus on the roots.
- Apply on the hair as well.
- Keep it overnight or at least for 6 to 8 hours.
- Next morning, you can wash your hair using lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Washing any of these hair growth remedies with Herbal shampoo gives you better results. It also gives you good relief in combating the excessive hair loss or receding hairline as seen in men.
This way you can use this wonderful fruit in different ways to grow healthy hair and prevent hair loss problems. Do share your experiences with Amla and if you have tried and tested recipe for hair growth, do mention it in the comments below, it will help many others.